I am now a spender!! I can't help but buy things. Although thankfully I have actually learnt a great deal through the Flipping Thrift challenge.

Saturday 21 August 2010

Great White Sheet

Here's the thing, I was in a dilemma, “was” being the operative word. We booked a holiday to Morocco a few weeks ago and of course the first thing that springs to mind is - wardrobe! And what exactly do I own that checks the following boxes; smart and conservative, appropriate for a Muslim country, summery, casual and most importantly fit for a million degrees in the peak of desert summer.

I get stuck into my tub of high summer hoard and hit upon a stack of short shorts, playsuits and a few pairs of extremely loud beach trousers – but these items didn’t cut it. I was doubtful and grimaced over the thought of “what have got myself into?”. What I considered necessary as Moroccan attire was a pair of non fussy cotton white drawstrings or white harem trousers to team with my kaftans to look the part.

Capital D - Don’t have. But what I do have is a mind that works overtime, a creative thought process, and a big fat promise that I can’t deny. The idea sparked whilst shoving clean folded linen in to my over-stocked draws. “I will make the cotton trousers out of this not needed, rarely used Great White Sheet!”

So there you have it – solved and now VERY excited to venture to Morocco in my NEW white trousers.

3 comments:

  1. Sheesh you are good. I love that you think of this stuff and then actually make it come to fruition. You should post a photo on here of you wearing them in Morocco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Naomi, great blog and loving the white sheet into pants story! xxx

    ReplyDelete