I am now a spender!! I can't help but buy things. Although thankfully I have actually learnt a great deal through the Flipping Thrift challenge.

Sunday 12 September 2010

Fashion's Night Out


How does one enjoy Fashion's Night Out on a ‘No-Spend’ budget? Hmmmmm.  IT WASN”T EASY!!! Nevertheless after a few deep breathes, free champagne and cup cakes I managed to enjoy a retail fashion event and come home with an empty shopping bag full of guilt free fashion inspiration!!!


Selfridge’s introduced me to Designer label Peter Pillotto. This creative duo gave a talk on their new-fangled printing technique as part of their latest collection. My favourite piece was this bomb pictured right, the spontaneous splash of orange leather and the heavy embellishment just made me salivate – mm mmm, it is divine – Yeap, that’s what I would have purchased if I could (if I wasn’t on this no-purchase-pledge and if I had a spare 2000 big ones).


And as for my Reiss finds – I adored the sweet pod clutch, this baby would be an all-time wardrobe keeper. So versatile, bring it out for those formal occasions and take it for a spin on a posh shopping day teamed effortlessly with jeans, heels and a blazer.

Loving the lace up wedge, mainly because it is an update of a pair of shoes I purchased two years ago and have worn nearly every second day since, through summer AND winter – that’s what I call thrifty! This one from Reiss is neutrally black, an easy to walk in wedge, ankle support, can be worn in summer with a dress and in winter over tights.

As for the hat, this shape is definitely not for this current day only, the sytle has been around for donkey's, I bet your bottom dollar you could find one just like it in Poppa’s wardrobe.

Collette Lace up wedge £179
Lena Gold Clutch £129
Fabio Grey wool hat £45



No comments:

Post a Comment