I am now a spender!! I can't help but buy things. Although thankfully I have actually learnt a great deal through the Flipping Thrift challenge.

Monday 6 September 2010

Suitcase Essentials

I knew it! I knew that a pair of white cotton trousers for my holiday was ‘the’ essential suitcase item. I donned my new sheet-trousers almost every day and the best thing was they were so light that at the end of each day I washed them out, all set for the next day - too easy!
 

Another suitcase essential proved to be my flip flops (embarrassingly called ‘thongs’ to those folk down-under). I have always been a little hostile to the Havianna phenomenon – I know, I know, I’m totally on my own here but I have never appreciated the ultra casual appeal and I prefer my foot to be strapped in and secure, oh and in addition I hate the loud clip-clop sounds that echo in your footsteps (especially walking down stairs).
I have owned my one pair of brown Havis for over 6 years, historically stored handy at the front door for quick runs to the car, painting the house and for the avoidance of tinea and germs in public showers.

I will eat my words – these common rubber planks that feed the Brazilian economy with an unbelievable mark up of 400%, were the only thing that resembled anything like a summer sandal in my existing wardrobe collection, so logically with this challenge-thing I am undertaking I proudly accepted that they were going to be the star footwear item of the holiday. And yes, it turned out, I wore them every day!!


My, my – I would have never imagined that I of all people would take my brown, paint splattered Havis out to a lovely Moroccan restaurant.
The one gross thing I must add is when wearing footwear that exposures so much of your bare foot there is so little protection from the puddles of grossness that splash up onto your skin and leave you desperately wanting to wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment