I am now a spender!! I can't help but buy things. Although thankfully I have actually learnt a great deal through the Flipping Thrift challenge.

Friday 4 March 2011

Pink & Purple, Pink & Purple

Everywhere I look I am drawn to this fuscia family of colors. It started in the street a few days ago. Out of my left blinker prances an Arabian beauty elegantly presented in a mix of block fuscia and mauve. At first you wonder would that really work? Well of course it takes a certain person to pull it off.  In fact my Nanna wore this combo well and mind you to the extreme. She favoured hues of pink and purple only, wore an abundance of them at the same time, one over the other, pattern over pattern, pink and purple, pink and purple!! Ding ding, is there maybe a genetic inheritance of personal flavor here?

I do not have the courage of a street photographer but on this day with the rainbow of fuscia and mauve in front of me I kicked the chicken and semi confidently approached this lovely young lady to ask for her picture. With all the courage it took me to ask she turned me down :(


Out of all the fashion savvy strangers I have ever wanted to snap, this young lady was my most wanted. I just cant get her colours out of my head, so here's a sketch to give you a visual.

On that same day the mannequin in Burberry called me over to look at her lustrous purple skirt. Ladies and gents, get in quick, these colours are on the trend radar. Gucci and Dior RTW SS11 showed just that.

NAO xx




Burberry
  

No comments:

Post a Comment