I am now a spender!! I can't help but buy things. Although thankfully I have actually learnt a great deal through the Flipping Thrift challenge.

Thursday 16 June 2011

And now???!!!

You are all asking, what is the first thing you are going to buy?


This sounds a little boring after a whole year of no buying but to me this is like coming off of a diet. I don’t want to rush out and feast on retail rags and undo all the good work. I want to be sensible and learn from what this year has taught me. Do you think I would torture myself for nothing? I want to be able to say that I have actually taken something valuable and learnt from this (sometimes excruciating) experience.

There are indeed some purchases that I have wanted (desperately) to make throughout the year and believe me, these items were severely missed.

Here’s my wish list:

Street trainers/sneakers

I want a pair of street trainers/sneakers to surrender my poor over walked ballet flats and gym trainers.  I want sensible support as well as style.  I really don’t want to wear my gym trainers with anything other than gym gear ever again – did I just admit that I did?  Jerry Seinfeld no more!

I like these Converse I do.  I just love a pair of white sneakers for the summer. 

And how's about these cute Gucci's darling?

A bit of a statement Adidas.  These you can actually customise - oh dear I may be sucked in.

Bobby pins/curby cribs and hair ties
I would like to treat myself to some hair ties that actually hold my pony tail – ah that would be nice - a tight pony tail.  I was so committed to this promise, not even a purchase of a single bobby pin or hair tie?  Thanks to my sister and a caring friend (who could see I needed to pin back my growing-out fringe) they both spared me some hair ties and pins from their own stash.  I have cared for these small easy-to-loose items all year.  They are now on the very worn side.
A well worn hair tie.  Sister S, I did take good care of your gift.  xx
Look at the poor bobby.  I still used it you know.  How?  Those ones
were good for the messy style bun, I just shove them in and hope it holds. 

A long length winter coat (duck or goose down for minus temps)

For those chilling winter days. I was layered to the brim with all the warm stuff I could possibly fit on. I found it so hard to move and be flexible. One quality goose/duck down coat to layer on top would have been perfect. And would have prevented me looking rather Michelin Man.
Something like this minus the mangy trim.  Clenched
waist is a must in winter so the layers don't smother your fem
figure.

Liking the double lining, mmmm warm.

 
The North Face, 
I trust this will gear me up with it's performance qualities

A pair of snow boots for London winters

I longed for a reliable pair of winter boots. Waterproof, fur-lined, treaded and of course, fashionable. I got around in my brown riding boots ensuring I always had times- two pairs of woollen socks to rescue my tootsies from freezing. A boot with good tread would have saved my pregnant body the slip up on ice, flat on my back and banged my head, I did. Now that warrants a pair of Ralph Lauren boots, don’t you think? :)

Ahhhh RL, just what I needed.

Right in the heart of the Jan freeze I spotted
these Ralph Lauren's on sale.  I don't even
want to talk about the price.
A pair of summer flat sandals


Last summer I donned my ballet flats, my ankle boots and my (I dread them) flip flops. This summer I have so far waddled about in my ballet flats and ankle boots. Not the best for final stages of pregnancy. So yes, I admit, here and there I have snuck in the Seinfeld look (for sensible pregnant reasons). Now I really, really want (with a cherry on top) a comfy, elegant summer sandal. One that looks sensible and is sensible, especially now that I will be baby-buggy-ing.

I think I have found the perfect pair, the only problem now is choosing just one!! Yakes!! Oh my, now I am in a pickle.


A.C.P.  Buckled leather flat sandals.  Just what I am in the market for.

Bottega Veneta has taken it a chunky and comfy.

Camila Skovgarrd, I've not heard of you but I have found you now.
These are not sandals but they are making me crazy.  LOVE EM!! and check out that tread.
Rollers - that was what the Aussies called this tread in the 80's.

Oh no, I don't think this classifies as a sandal either.
LD Tuttle your shoes are oh-so-nice.

M M MMMarni I love you.

Tory Burch, you've done so well.  These are just so classic and gorgeous and I want them.

Neutral or Blue Tory?  Which ones, which ones. 'What, they're on sale...
purchase both colours....awwhhhh'.


What else what else...



A white tee
I don’t really neeeeed it, but I want it. I would like a brand spanking new crisp white tee or tank to wear in the hospital with new baby. I am already thinking of baby’s first photos and to be completely honest (vanity kicking in here) I would like to look nice.  Like a capable mum with a hint of style from the hospital bed. Of course I wont care during the labour but afterwards when baby is dressed in his/her brand new whites, then I would like to mirror that. I would like to look nice for baby on their first day.  

I will also ban husband from wearing graphic or branded tees. I know I know, it’s harsh but the photos are of the family meeting for the first time and I will not have a brand  getting in on the fun with their slogan peaking in the shots. 

So a beautifully cut white tee or a soft white shirt is what I want for.

Splendid 
Splended is the brand.  So it is a little more than a
Gap tee although this one is special, it's soft touch.  That's
perfect for new baby.
Kain 
Kain.  This one is a little more than the last and I
know that I can pick it up from Gap or the likes of Zara.







I think that would be about all for now.  Actually I thought...I thought that would be it.  NOW, after writing this entry and posting some delicious clothing offers, I think I need to go shopping.  Anyone for Bicester Village factory outlets this Sat?? That's where I'll be.

NAO xx




No comments:

Post a Comment