I am now a spender!! I can't help but buy things. Although thankfully I have actually learnt a great deal through the Flipping Thrift challenge.

Friday 8 July 2011

My first purchase

Yes I have made a few purchases (GASP) not a many items too left field of my priority list below but some items that I am a little embarassed to admit to.


Maternity Pantyhose - Although not on the wish list below, I have actually missed the skin tone pantyhose not being available from my wardrobe.  Having said that since buying these three weeks ago I have only worn them once.  Still a good item to have.
Bought from a charity store, still in their packets. 
Bought for a bargain £2 for TWO PAIR.  Originally £6 each from
Mama Jo Jo.  Love a bargain.


The outing to Bicester Village!!!




Bicester Village is similar to Woodbury Common in New York. Full of Designer stores selling off previous season's stock at discount prices.


I was determined to shop at Bicester for items ONLY from my wish list: a winter coat, winter boots, summer sandals, trainers and a white tee. I did not find these items BUT (oh my) I found some other lovely treasures. I could not help it and I don't even want to admit it here. I have to fess up and tell.


I was in Temperly London and the above beauties were heavily reduced




The Messanger


Dress size 12



Dress size 10




Hear me out whilst I try to reason...


The thing is, historically if I have found a stand out item that I love and it is at a good price then I have had no hesitation in buying it and keeping it for when I need it. This way I have always had something to wear and I never shop for an outfit on impulse or desperation.


Having spent the past year not buying a thing I really do think that I have missed out on some awesome bargains and I have missed out on buying the stand out items in my travels that I just love to find. And London my friends is certainly a place for one off vintage and designer finds. So how could I possibly resist buying these items at a third of the price??!!

I am proud of my purchases although I still have a case of the guilt’s. Here’s why...


I am heavily pregnant (any day now) and I really don't have a clue as to what size I will get back to after having the baby. I do feel a little silly having bought these dresses not knowing if they will even fit. Pre pregnancy I was an 8-10 and here I am now buying a 10 and 12. Oh dear I really do have the guilt’s, has my compulsion resurfaced so suddenly after such a great year??


The handbag on the other hand I absolutely adore and I don't have the guilt’s about this. It was sensibly purchased with baby in mind, an over-the -shoulder messenger bag is perfect for a hands-full mum.


Should I reveal the total cost of these items...hmmm. Ok well seeing my Mum and Dad don’t read my blog I will reveal.

Bag - £200 (originally £500)
Dress with lace - £215 (originally £600 and Blair Waldorf has one in peach and black)
Dress with studding –£150 (Originally £400)

Now for some more new purchases...

Hair ties (£1) Primark

Hair donut (£1) Primark (Please note: Boots sell them for near £5)

Do you know what this little tool is used for? 
To get a perfect, volumnous hair bun.  Look here:



I'm probably not surposed to post these images but look who else uses the bun donut:


philiplimoffcenterchignons


I am happy with the latter two purchases - they were afterall kind of necessary.  Although I am not sure if I will even be doing my hair once baby arrives especially in the bun.

Nao xxx





2 comments:

  1. Omg I need to comment on this. I do not know if i love your blog more when you are recycling and not buying a thing or when you are spending and spending well! Blair Waldorf's dress is gorgeous specially in that beautiful green! The bun is hilarious, you told me about it before...I will try to find one here. Beijos to you and baby xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheree Andersen12 July 2011 at 14:25

    I dont blame you for buying these beautiful items Naomi! The only problem is that the dresses are very unfriendly for breastfeeding...you may find you wont wear a dress for at least another 6-12 months! On the upside, I think you will definitely get back to your beautiful former self very quickly - you look amazingly little with a REALLY big bump :)
    Good luck mumma xx

    ReplyDelete